We are 11 Days into June, and both my of streaking challenges are still alive! I now have a few streaking challenges related facts for your enjoyment.
- Days run in a row: 14
- Longest run: 3 miles (on Memorial Day) All the rest of my runs are between 1 mile and 1.36 miles.
- Fastest run: 1 mile in 9:56 the day after Memorial Day
- Number of runs on the treadmill: 1 (It rained on hard last Wednesday. No way I was getting my tresses wet.)
- Days in a row that I’ve done push-ups + a plank: 10
- Longest plank: 38.3 seconds. (That seems very lucky since 38 was Stephen’s lacrosse number in high school, and 3 was my high school volleyball number.)
- Shortest plank: 25.2 (on the 1st. They’ve been lasting longer and longer.)
- Most push-ups in one sitting: 9 (on the 4th and yesterday)
- Fewest push-ups in one sitting: 5 (on the 3rd) push-ups are hard!
- Muscles that hurt after doing push-ups/planks: all (I repeat, push-ups are hard!)
There are 20 days remaining in the Tone It Up Challenge and 24 left in the summer running streak. That sounds like a lot, but at this point, I am on a roll. It takes me 15 minutes tops to run a mile, do my max number of push-ups, and hold a plank as long as I can. 15 minutes a day is a pretty easy commitment for me to keep.
I never used to be a fan of streaking (I’m a girl fiercely devoted to rest days), but these challenges have been a good boost for me. Just enough to get me going, not so much to wear me out or get me overwhelmed. I’m just gonna cross my fingers that I can continue to keep the streak alive!*