Two days in to 2013. How’s it going so far? Are you sick of reading people’s year-end recpas and plans for the new year? I’m not! I love reading them. I feel more inspired with each one!
So what’d I do with all that inspiration to start off the new year on the right foot? I slept in, of course! Midnight is way late for this girl to stay up. I needed the extra zzzzzzzz’s. Once I was awake, fed, and watched my programs, I convinced my husband and dog to go for a New Year’s Day walk.
What started out as a walk turned into a hike when we saw a path that we’d never been on before. Less than a mile from our house, and we were surrounded by trees, greenery, mossy grass, and complete quiet. It was one part peaceful and one part creepy. (What can I say? I scare easily!)
Somehow we managed to walk for over an hour but only cover 2.2 miles. But I didn’t really mind. I need the fresh air, the scenery, to move my legs. (Especially after the junk food extravaganza that was New Year’s Eve.)
The rest of the day included some TV-watching, a nap for Stephen, and stir fry for dinner.
This was one of my go-to meals during deployment, but I would usually just make it from a bag of frozen veggies. (Easy and cheap!) But I got a little fancy this go around. I cleaned and cut all the veggies and cooked them up in our wok. I ate my half with brown rice while Stephen opted for chicken with his. We finished the night with popsicles and then hit the hay.
Last week I posted about resolutions. I really like making resolutions, but there just isn’t much I want or need to resolve this year. So instead, I’m looking at 2013 with hopes.
- I hope that my husband and I spend more time together than apart. (If we manage that, it’ll be the first time in 3 years.)
- I hope that our PCS to Ft. Bliss in the spring goes smoothly and that we can lay down some roots there, even if it isn’t our forever home.
- I hope that I continue to be active. Specifically, I’m hoping to rock my race in March.
- I hope that I will read some great books this year.
- I hope that I continue to dream big and act on those dreams.
- I hope that I can look back on the year feeling proud and satisfied.
What are you hoping for this year? How’d you spend the first day of the new year?*