I haven’t written anything in the last few days because there just hasn’t been much to say. I kicked some ideas around my nogging and nothing came out. Then, last night, I had so much on my mind that I laid in bed awake for hours flipping through everything mentally. I guess I have more to say than I thought. Thus, I give you, Amy’s Mid-Week Brain Dump:
- -Life at the library is going great. I’m still adjusting to working 40 hours a week. (Yes, I realize that makes me sound like a pansy. What can I say? I’m out of practice!) My current project is creating a YA book club from the ground up. It’s not easy. We have a huge number of little kids that frequent the library. Middle-graders, not so much. (Suggestions are welcome!)
- -Stephen spent almost 3 weeks in the field last month. He had no phone, so we weren’t in touch at all. It was a lonely 3 weeks. It’s also looking like sometime next month that he will be gone again. This time with his phone though. I’m not happy about it, but I’m doing what I can to stay positive.
- - Deployment is still months away, but it is already on my mind on a regular basis. I don’t really want to talk about it on the blog yet. Mostly because there isn’t anything to say other than it’s on my mind!
- -I’ve been hitting the 30 Day Shred almost daily. (I’ll have one more follow-up post on my attempt to tone my arms once I’m done.) It’s a great workout, but I’m really ready to swap that back out for running. Now if only the weather would get the memo and cool down a smidge!
- -My BFF and her husband just put out the cutest baby announcement of all time.
(I may be a little biased.) Mazel Tov to Mark, Mary Beth, and Whitley on the expansion of their family!
- -This is my second year in a row not teaching, and yet I’m still having pre-back-to-school nightmares. Last night it was the usual version in which the children will not behave and they are not intimidated by my threats of detention. I shudder just to think of it. Scary stuff.
- -One of the many benefits of my new job is that Stephen gets home from work before me. That means he’s been starting dinner. It’s such a nice treat! I’ve never had it so good!
There you have it, the things that keep me up at night. Hopefully now that I’ve laid it all out on y’all, I’ll actually get some shut-eye!